13th October 2020
We’re excited to be taking part in the #LoveBristolArts campaign to support our arts and cultural organisations around the city.
From today, Monday 19th October, fans of art and culture are being encouraged to share some love for the artists, venues and companies they are missing most during 2020 using #LoveBristolArts.
As an alternative to the Culture Flash Sale, which would normally be announced around this time of year, #LoveBristolArts encourages locals to reach out to their favourite artists,
companies and venues, presenting ways to offer real support. There are so many things that people can do to help, from buying tickets, memberships and giving donations to free help, such as subscribing to mailing lists, following social media channels and taking a minute to fill out surveys. Even just hitting like, rather than scrolling by, has the power to raise profiles, build relationships and amplify awareness!
The top three ways you can support Bristol Old Vic Theatre School at this time would be:
- Buy a ticket to see one of our upcoming Autumn productions – either the live stream or a socially distanced in person ticket. Full details of this exciting season will be announced very soon.
- Consider making a donation to support our students and their work
- Follow us on social media and engage with our posts
To get the conversation going, a list of ten ways you can support has been drawn up but each artist, organisation and venue will share their own top three on social media so you can check out how best to get involved.
1. Subscribe to mailing list
2. Follow on social media
3. Visit an exhibition, event, venue or activity
4. Share content
5. Watch a video or join a livestream or online event
6. Become and friend, member or supporter
7. Write to your MP
8. Donate to a campaign
9. Leave a TripAdvisor review
10. Tell a friend to do something on this list and share #LoveBristolArts
Find out which other organisations are taking part here.